Thursday, July 5, 2018

C2C2: Alison's Quilt


After finishing up with Stephanie's quilt for the Coast to Coast Traveling Bee, I quickly jumped into getting Alison's done. There are two reasons for this: 1) I'm moving soon. I don't want to accidentally lose or pack any of this lovely quilt! and 2) Get a look at those fabrics! How could I not get excited to work with such a cheery group?


For C2C this year, Alison requested a 48" row featuring any kind of block we liked--within reason, of course. I opted for a Greek Cross block, and I used Fresh Lemons Quilts' tutorial. Alison had sent along this super fun set of charms and some additional yardage, and I opted to use a yellow solid for my background fabric, mostly because none of the other rows had gone yellow, and isn't it such a sunny shade?


This is my favorite of the four blocks that I made. I really like the fabric used for the center cross.


And here are all the rows making friends with each other. If I'm remembering correctly, Alison is planning to sash these lovelies together, then throw a border around the entire thing. Yum yum yum yum.

Friends, this concludes the Coast to Coast Traveling Bee for me for this year. Well, until I get my own quilt back, of course! For the second year in a row, this bee has proved to be challenging, but super rewarding. I'm so thankful to the ladies who sewed along with me. Onto next year!

4 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...