Friday, August 23, 2013

FF: Baby Quilt Top.


I finished this top a couple of weeks ago, and have been waiting for the right time to share it. I blindly ordered a stack of yellows, oranges, and pinks, and when they arrived, I yip yipped that they all went together well enough AND they were lovelier in person.


This quilt was so much fun to piece. I knew I wanted to piece rows instead of blocks, even if some of the rows are comprised of blocks. From AMH feathers to designing a pattern for paper pieced arrows to some traditional HST blocks to randomly slicing up a perfectly unoffending set of strips only to sew the pieces back together a la Elizabeth Hartman's Xylophone quilt.... Oh, Friends. This quilt has been fun.


I'm planning to machine quilt it and add in some hand quilting too. I certainly went random with assembly--why not add quilting to match?

I think my favorite aspect of this quilt is that it is a truly "me" quilt. So often, I make quilts based on what I think people will like, and usually, there is some "me" in there, but this quilt? This is ALL me.

I'm linking up today with TGIFF hosted by Em at Sewing by Moonlight and Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

13 comments:

  1. Seriously fabulous baby quilt top. I LOVE what you have done with colour and pattern. I can not wait to see it all quilted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you! I had so much fun making this quilt, and I'm eager to see it done! :)

      Delete
  2. I am in love with those arrows! Did you make that pattern yourself???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!!! great colors and love the pattern!! Amazing. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely love this quilt! :)

      Delete
  4. So awesome!! I love the randomness of it :) can't wait to see what y ou do with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is awesome! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sick, fully sick. This is daring quilt making, and I am eating it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This. This is amazing. I love "you" quilts, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did it right, Audrey. You made what you felt like making, and the result is stunning. This quilt does not just sing. It dances!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely job, I love all the sampler look of the quit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I flipping love this...everything about it! I did a Google search for "arrow quilts" and this came up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is still my favorite quilt finish to date, actually! I made this quilt for my niece, and while I'm stoked she has it, I still kinda wish I'd kept it instead! :) Lucky it went to a girl I love so much! :) Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...