Sunday, May 17, 2015

Banzo's Quilt Top.


This quilt should have been finished last fall for my five year old, but it's just barely made it to the quilt top stage. It started with a request from my son to use some construction truck fabric, and honestly, I was stumped. I pulled a stack of rainbow blenders to go with the trucks, and it sat on the edge of my sewing table, quietly mocking me.

But when I had a bout of inspiration and cut the truck fabric from the mix, I immediately knew that I wanted to make another plus quilt.


Ten blocks in, I started to doubt myself. Would this actually look okay? I had made a lot of the blue and green blocks, and I found myself wishing I had limited the palette to those two colors. (Wouldn't a scrappy blue and green plus quilt look yum?) But I kept pushing forward, and when all sixteen were lined up, I was happy with the result.

Of course, as I was piecing the backing this morning, my son asked me where the construction trucks were going to be, and I still haven't figured out that one. Maybe the quilt label will have trucks?

I'm planning to all over FMQ this one, which will be the first time--I think?--that I have ever done that!

4 comments:

  1. What does the truck fabric look like? Can it be the binding? :) The quilt top looks great - so colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's really fun! A great quilt for a kid. I definitely would have loved it when I was a kid :D I love anything with crazy bright colors... I guess that's not so different from now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor boy - no trucks!!! A big label on the back I reckon, and some matching pillows :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...