Friday, December 20, 2013

Churn Dash Quilt

Oh, Friends. It seems the weather is out to thwart any decent photos I might get of this quilt, so I leave you with the one.


Here is my churn dash quilt. The end.

No, I'm just kidding. There is so much more to say about this quilt! Five people other than myself made the 16 blocks for the front of this quilt. Three other people pitched in to purchase the batting and backing material. I pulled the binding from stash, and that is how this quilt came to be. I'll be popping it in the mail next week to Washington, IL for an individual or a family affected by the November tornadoes.

To be able to make this quilt was a huge honor, and I am extremely thankful to all of the lovely people (Anna, Sarah, Francesca, Karen, Barbara, Deirdre, Jenny, Renee) who helped me with this endeavor. I included a label on the back of the quilt with everyone's first name and the city they are from so that the recipient knows that people all over the country are thinking about them. (I think the label is my favorite part of the quilt!)

I'm linking up with TGIFF hosted by Gingersnaps Quilts and Finish It Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

18 comments:

  1. I love this quilt. Also, so cool that so many people contributed! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audrey, you did an awesome job putting this together. The quilt looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the churn dash block. Cool quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a fantastic block? Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Colorful and bright...what a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy quilt! I'm sure it will make someone very comforted to know that many people came together to bring them a little something special :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! It turned out perfect :) You should take a picture of the label before you send it off!! ;) Glad I could be part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful! I love the colours and the collaboration! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its wonderful! Great job! I would like to see the lab, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, Audrey! Great job with this one! It is sure to bring a smile to the recipient's face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your group quilt is beautiful. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful - well done to you and your helpers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic quilt, great way to help out those affected by the tornado - there's a real connection with other people in this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! The Churn Dash and the Ohio Star are my favorite blocks. This one is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love the Ohio Star too! I have some orphaned Ohio Star blocks on my sewing wall that always cheer me up. :) Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...