Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Tula Tuesday #1.

Okay, by now y'all must know I'm a super huge Tula freak. And I had these big plans to finish my City Sampler right along with the rest of the super cool QAL kids who finished their quilts for the end of January reveal.


But I didn't make it. Folks, I got tired. At block #57. There was too much Christmas and holiday and craziness and other shenanigans. (That's only 1 through 51 up above.)

When I saw Samantha busting out some awesome TP City Sampler blocks, how could I resist opening up my book and seeing where I'd left off? For the record, block #58 is the easiest block I've tackled yet, and I'm a little embarrassed that it was my stopping point. I started making blocks. Slowly. But I'll get this bad boy done eventually, hopefully by next year's end of January. (And then I'll have my own reveal because WHY NOT.)

And Samantha is hosting a Tula Tuesday link party. Still my beating heart. You KNOW I have to participate in that. So here are blocks 58-63:


I told you. Easiest block ever.



And this is where I veered off and decided that not every block had to have Tula in it. And then I made three Tula-less blocks in a row, mostly because I just couldn't make my Tula stash work for me. At first, I started to get frustrated and put the book down again, but realized, if this project isn't making me happy, then honestly, what am I doing working on it? So Tula-less blocks it is, and I had fun making them, which is the most important.


And that's it for this link-up. When it gets warmer--which will probably be *never* knowing how this winter has treated me--I will get a shot with all of them together, but for now, this'll work.

5 comments:

  1. I love them all! And I'm glad you allowed yourself to make changes that are allowing you to have fun with it. And, squee, I see my favorite Parisville print in one of those blocks... thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you! I had a 10" square of that Parisville print from a swap, but unfortunately, no Maries in that 10 inches. But I like how it turned out in this block, so I'm happy. :)

      Delete
  2. Love how you are playing with color with your blocks. Too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Thank you! Yes, when I let myself really go, I have so much fun coming up with these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. (don't disown me) but i was never all that bowled over the the city sampler until your first image showed up in my feed this week, so I've been saving your post up for a day when I had time to look properly. You are going to be so psyched when winter (finally) ends and you can lay all these down together - totally gorgeous and most importantly fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...