Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Some Bee Blocks.

Oh, Friends. My family is on the upside of a several day love affair (hate affair?) with the flu. Sunday night, I really thought we were getting better. Then Monday morning came around and no no no no no. Yesterday, all I managed to get down was some Sprite and Gatorade, and I stayed in bed for 22 of the 24 hours. Flu, I hate you.


On the bright side, I do have some yum bee blocks to share with you. From Stash Bee, Maureen is making a delicious stained glass window quilt using a sea glass palette. (I wish I had some of the beautiful dark blue, but what I had on hand was turquoises and limes.) However, I am seriously stoked that I got to sew with some batiks. Friends, do you know how long it's been? Too long. Bless her for letting me sew up these lovelies, which took about five seconds to piece. (I exaggerate slightly.)


From the Fierce Quilters Bee, next up is a mosaic block, which involved 3.5" unfinished HSTs. I struggled to find a fifth block that I thought would work with the previous additions, but in the end, I really like this simple HST goodness. (The last time I made this block was for my 2012 HST BOM quilt, and this is a much cleaner version of that block. Yay for getting better!)


My blocks for Allison are a little eclectic all together, but I think it's going to be a super fun quilt when it's finished. I really enjoyed working on both of these sets. And now, while I have a bit of a break from bee blocks, I really should get to piecing some TP CS and GW blocks. You know, when I can stand again for more than five minutes at a time. (Stupid flu.)

How are y'all? Hopefully not suffering from the flu or this Norovirus shenanigans I'm hearing about.

1 comment:

  1. Those are perfect! Thank you! I just love Batiks and I'm glad you got to play with some again! I don't know why they have a bad rap, I squeeze them in wherever I can. I can't wait to play with all my Bee blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...