Monday, July 18, 2016

Night Sky Quilt Top.


I am really, really excited about this one. I labored through the cutting, but when it came to piecing, I couldn't get this bad boy assembled fast enough. I love the way she turned out, scrappy and so very very green.


The most difficult part of assembling this top was piecing together the rows. My seams didn't always want to behave and meet up properly--I found a good mix of 1) no, this has to be seam ripped and sewn again, and 2) this is sufficient.

I have some fairly dense (for me) quilting planned for this one, a mix of straight line and FMQ. I'm excited to get started, but I really should finish my rainbow log cabins quilt first. Plus! This one still needs to be basted, a task that I always hate and dread. And I'm out of batting--I feel like I'm always out of batting--why is that?

2 comments:

  1. Until I started buying my batting in rolls for my longarm I never had batting on hand, either. Now I just glance over my shoulder and can tell if I have enough or if it's getting close to time to order a new roll! I am so excited by all the productivity you are having right now and looking forward to a lot of beautiful quilt finishes soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Audrey!! Can't wait to see it quilted. Do you have a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...