Monday, February 3, 2014

FQB: Starting Point.

A few months back, I was asked to join the Fierce Quilters Bee and a group of five other lovelies. The idea was that we'd start our own quilt, pack it up with a stack of fabric, and mail it to the next person on the list. That person would make additions to the quilt top, utilizing both the included fabric and their own stash, and send it on to the next person. The last person would finish up the top and mail it back to its owner. (This is very similar to the Traveling Quilts for those of you familiar with it.)


I sent along my NY beauty medallion, and the other members have graciously agreed to make me a medallion quilt because they are awesome.


And I recently received Anna's quilt in the mail. This is the fabric stack she sent. Isn't it super yum? All that Tula! And I've never worked with this color palette before, so I'm super eager and excited to get started. In fact, when she first started posting pics of the blocks she was churning out, I started getting ideas for what I wanted to contribute.


And this is what she sent along. Some patchwork, flying geese, five-pointed stars, and that delicious herringbone block. (Pretty sure that's my favorite.) I think one of the coolest aspects of this bee is that all of the members have picked completely different color palettes, completely different starting points, and I'll get to work on a very different quilt each round. Hooray for the awesomeness!

When I finish my contributions for Anna's quilt, I'll post some photos of what I've added, but until then, it has to be a surprise. I've got a lot on my plate for February (Stash Bee block, which will be my first dresden ever; K's mini, which I WILL finish; work on Anna's quilt; and quilting my dear husband's quilt) but I'm excited to get it all done. First stop: my LQS. I need to drop off what might be my most hated quilt ever for Project Linus--it's not really that bad, I just hate it something fierce, and you'll see pics on Friday--pick up thread to quilt N's quilt, and maybe peruse their fabrics to see if anything needs to be in Anna's quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you're so excited ;) I was amazed that we all chose such very different paths. I think this will be such fun! Sounds like you have a busy month ahead of you, have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun palette! I especially like those herringbones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that medallion is amazing!! WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...