Saturday, February 9, 2013

stacks of yum.

Hi Friends.

I am still combating the illness that will never die. I've heard friends talk of these epic illnesses that take their family by storm and dwell in their homes for weeks, but I thought all of that was crazy talk. Until, of course, I encountered one. Today is day nine of a basic cold, and we still feel terrible.

And with no sleep and cranky children and a crippling fatigue, not to mention an amazing friend who is in town for the weekend, my sewing time has gone out the window, and with it, my plan to have two quilts ready to hand-deliver at my cousin's wedding in a week. I'll have to be happy with just one. (And that's only if I can get the binding finished!)

But I have been pulling fabric for other projects:


Make It Modern Bee Block - Bright solids on white




Make It Modern Bee Block - Improv block a la Elizabeth Hartman

At least I'll have pretty stacks to dream of this weekend, right? And maybe, if my luck is really good, I'll get to tackle them on Monday. A girl can dream, right? Let's talk! What are you up to this weekend?

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics!! They I will each make lovely quilts.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the solids! We have been plagued by every bug going for 5 weeks! Hope you are feeling better soon, can't wait to see the fabrics turned into gorgeous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to keep bringing you cake until you're better!

    I've got about 3 miles of binding to cut, press, and sew this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, I may never feel better...haha! However, since you pretty much supply my cake wants anyway, I'll choose the path of wellness. :)

      Binding for what???? Is this the project I missed seeing on Wednesday?

      Delete
  4. Aww! I'm sorry you've been sick for so long, dude! Colds stink.

    I love your fabric, though -- especially those bright solid colors. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you can't sew, you might as well get some fabric handling time in! :) I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks! Hope you are all over it soon. I love your new header btw! (I usually read your blog in a reader so I don't always see the new stuff when it happens.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...