Wednesday, February 6, 2013

WIP: Three in the Works

If you've been reading long, you probably know I'm a bit...ummmm...ambitious when it comes to, well, everything. Skill level, work load, monthly to-do lists.... Everything. Though I will admit this week is a first. The first week I worked on three separate quilts. And while they aren't king-size mammoths, they are lap- to throw-size, and that was enough work for me thankyouverymuch.


I will finish this quilt. I will finish this quilt. I will finish this quilt. I was at my LQS over the weekend buying fabric for the binding and lamenting just how late this holiday gift will be when the woman tearing my fabric told me to inform my sister it's a very early 2013 holiday gift. Woo! I like her thinking. 


Why yes, that is stippling, pebbles, and clamshell FMQ! I decided, for funsies you know, to do different quilting in each block. Mostly FMQ. Because, you know, I am SO experienced with FMQ (I am actually a totally noob) and it's fun! I have yet to swear at a quilt, but I would have thrown this one if it was smaller and easier to manage. As it was, I had a tough time getting it out from under my machine, and by the time it was available for throwing, the need for quilt violence was replaced with sorrow and utter frustration. Thank goodness all that is left to quilt is the borders.


My low volume charms have become a low volume quilt top. But no borders. (Yet.)


I progressed with the quilting on my Le Mille quilt. I'm particularly in love with the backing. I can't wait to show y'all. And, like all good quilters balancing too many WIPs, the one I want to work on is the one that is the least pressing. You know, since I really should have those other two quilts done so I can hand deliver them in ten days. 

Just trying to keep it real and fun over here! I'm linking up with WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

9 comments:

  1. ambitious AND brave! I don't think you'll be able to call yourself a FMQ noob for long at this rate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! See, I like the "noob" title because then any wonkiness or icky looking quilting lines are explained. I think I shall be a noob forever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for braving FMQ... I'm still too cowardly to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the noob title has to go, because I can't see any wonky ness at all!! Those stitches look perfect! FMQ on three different quilts in multiple styles... I vote you into the realm of those who know what they're doing.
    They'd ll lok lovely, and I'm looking forward too seeing them finished. :-)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm totally impressed with your FMQ job! It gives me hope, haha! And I love that Le Mille quilt - those colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving your Le Mille quilt, all the colours work so well!! Your FMQ is also looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're FAB! I can't see any wonkiness, but then I'm still too chicken to try FMQ at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...