Friday, April 19, 2013

FF: Patchwork Baby Quilt Edition.


The quilt that almost broke me had a baby.

Kinda apropos since it's for a baby. (Har har har! I slay myself with the humor over here.)

Using almost all of the scraps from the aforementioned quilt that was determined to kill me, I pieced this puppy together quick. It'll be headed to a first time mommy.


I cut all of the large scraps into 5" squares and wound up with--get this--80 exactly. It's like I planned it, right?! The top has a mix of linen, quilting cotton, and flannel, so texturally, it's really wild, but I like it. I used the remaining scraps for the binding, and the back is a chocolate and white large scale polka dot of which I have tons. It's not the best match, but since I had big plans to package it up and get it out immediately, I used what I had on hand.


Quilting is straight lines on the diagonal through one set of corners. I always tell myself that I'm going to do the other set--I love seeing it on quilts--but then I step back and always love the one set of diagonals and panic that I won't like it as much if I try something else. And I gave machine binding another go. It turned out a little cleaner this time, but I'm still not in love. I'm going to try another similar method (still zigzag, woo!) next time. I used lime green thread on the binding, which is maybe my favorite part of the whole quilt. 

I'm linking up with TGIFF at Sew at Home Mummy and Finish It Up Fridays at Crazy Mom Quilts. You know you wanna!

This was a part of my Q2 Finish-A-Long list, woo!

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet patchwork quilt! Pure patchwork is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colour choices. Simple but classic. \Really nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really quite pleased with it! :)

      Delete
  4. That is so pretty! Love the swirly blue green and white print.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it even if you aren't totally thrilled with it. I love the colors and the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely baby quilt and I love that green thread on the binding too! Week done :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, love this cute quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is great! The colors are perfect for patchwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...