- Cleaning the battery contacts on my camera=working camera! Woo!
- Discovering that the 4 yards of Ikea fabric I bought on clearance (see above) has a larger WOF than I anticipated, meaning I didn't have to piece a back for my HST quilt, meaning I only had to use less than two yards, meaning I have enough leftover to serve as the back for my other quilt. Woo!
- Getting in some quilting yesterday, then attacking my knitting as my husband and I sat and watched the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice. The best part? It was totally his idea to watch it. (He just finished reading P&P for the first time and is curious about the video adaptation.) Woo!
- I was honored with the Versatile Blogger award. (See below.) Woo!
- My entire family appears to have come down with a cold=there goes my quilting weekend. Boo.
Anna from The Crooked Banana was a peach and honored me with this award. I'm going to sit out the nominating portion of this one as I just finished Liebster-ing, but I will tell you seven more crazy random things about me. Don't laugh!
- I love epic board games. (I'm totally stealing this one from Anna, but since it's true for me too, I think it will be forgiven.) I LOVE Dominion. I'm up for playing Settlers, Pandemic, Small World, etc., but Dominion has truly captured my heart. A couple of nights ago, we played using the standard deck plus the Seaside and Hinterlands expansion. It. Was. Glorious.
- The first crafty thing I can remember doing was making friendship bracelets. I had a box of embroidery floss in tons of colors, and I would charge friends five cents a color to make them a bracelet. (Even then, I had to slash my labor costs to compete in the market.)
- Before he died, I had a chance to see Pavarotti sing, but I gave my ticket away so I could go hang out with friends instead. (In my defense, I hadn't ever really paid attention to who he was before then, but now I could kick myself for not going.)
- I love college football. (The American type, though I do enjoy playing the other type.) I'm a Big Ten girl, and I love Ohio State. (Yay Urban Meyer!)
- I started my first blog many many many years ago on a website called teen open diary. It was all kinds of awesome. I wrote about my thoughts on Christianity and other stuff, and I got into the occasional shouting match with other bloggers over our interpretations of particular parts of scripture. It was all sorts of emo and drama, and I was not sad to leave that venue. It is also when I started to learn how to use html.
- For many many years, I thought I was going to study cellular biology at university. I wanted to eventually work for the CDC. Then, in my senior year of high school, I gave myself permission to pursue what I really wanted to do--creative writing.
- When I was a freshman in high school, I got chewed out by the school librarian for reading Jane Eyre during my lunch break. Apparently, she had never seen a freshman reading a novel of that variety voluntarily, and she assumed I was up to no good.