Sunday, January 12, 2014

SS: The Aurifil Edition.

I shared my lovely FQ winnings last week, but my lucky duck streak was hardly over! I got another email saying I had won a twelve pack of Aurifil thread, and I about died. I. Love. Aurifil.


Specifically, I won the Simplify collection coordinate by Camille Roskelley. Agatha has a serious thing for Aurifil. I mean, she'll use other thread, but she always lets me know that she's unhappy about it. And some thread she outright refuses. You'd think I'd get grumpy with my persnickety sewing machine, but I love her enough to want to spoil her and buy her the good stuff. However, I've never splurged on any color other than white. My LQS doesn't carry a huge selection of colors--Aurifil is actually a recent thing they sell, and I was ecstatic when they started carrying it--and I don't have a color card or anything like that to order online.


So of course I freaked out when I saw these colors. There are THREE shades of pink! I'm also really excited about that spool of navy since I'm making navy the primary color in my quilt for the Fierce Quilter's Bee. (Don't get me started on my current navy love. OMG. It's a serious obsession.) Honestly, I can see myself using all of these colors in my quilting. Which is pretty dang awesome.

Molli Sparkles

That's my story. Twelve delicious spools of Aurifil thread. Be still my beating heart! I'm linking up with Sunday Stash at Molli Sparkles.

14 comments:

  1. OOOOOH nice! I would love love love to have that exact set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is a fantastic collection. I use Aurifil exclusively just because it gives me the least amount of problems. You can download a pdf color card from aurifil.com...it's pretty true to the actual colors...at least on my screen. I actually sat there and compared the colors I had against it. I might have to pick up this collection...I mean, 3 shades of pink?!?! Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, other than the shipping, I am thinking that Aurifil is fairly economical for the 1100/1200 yd spool compared to my LQS. I have two spools and may buy more if I can combine with a fabric order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win! Those thread colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your good fortune! Aurifil is my go-to thread for piecing, quilting and everything else! Never a problem with my machine and such a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great week!! I love that collection. You should probably by a lotto ticket too, you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your win! If you are still feeling lucky and on a roll, I'd like to invite you over to enter in my giveaway that begins on Monday morning! http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you win my "Jealousy Award" this week. Hmm.. maybe I should make that a thing. Congrats on your win! What a fantastic prize. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great prize to win, I'm envious! I have never used Aurifil, I'm not yet ready to splurge on special quilting thread.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great prize!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh lucky you! My machine and I also love aurifil so we are both very happy for your win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous prize!! My sewing machine (who is also named Agatha!!) loves aurifil too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic win! I would have fallen over. I love fabric, but there is something about Aurifil thread colors that really get to me. My machine loves Aurifil the most, so I don't use anything else. And, I'm going to start stocking this thread in my shop soon, so if there's a color you want, please let me know (or I can just order you every shade of pink)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...