Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIP: The Orange Edition

Hi Friends!

Welcome to another edition of Works in Progress. I've titled this one the "orange" edition due to the large amount of orange I used this week. Orange isn't my favorite of colors, but it is my oldest son's current favorite, so I'm guessing I'll be working with it on a more intimate basis if this orange trend continues.

First, the work in progress.


I started working on this mini-quilt before we made our move to the west coast. Since we only took a small amount of stuff with us, I was looking for art for the walls that wouldn't break on the car ride and wouldn't take up much space. I didn't get this one done before we left, but I should have the binding finished this week. I think it will look fierce in Banzo's room.


I struggled with picking a binding material, but I finally decided on this solid orange from my stash. I really like the look of it.

Now, to the finishes!


I finished my tote bags (more orange!) and I like the way they turned out. The French seams were surprisingly easy, though I had to read the instructions about eight times to make sure that I had read them correctly and that they weren't crazy! I may not be a sewing pro, but wrong sides together first? That sounds like crazy talk to me! But they look really nice. I understood the tutorial I used, but a pal recommended this tutorial, and I thought it was easier to understand.


I also finished my June BOM. The diamonds didn't do much for me initially, but I like the fabric combinations, and I think it will make a nice addition to my BOM quilt. Halfway done! I can't believe it! 


And now, I can begin on quilt #4! Oh, Reunion charm pack. I am SO excited to use you!

I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced's WIP. If you haven't already, check out that page. I love Wednesdays!

 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. I'm also doing a quilt with Reunion, but mine is a layer cake. It's somewhere in my pile of 'to-dos'.

    I think your diamond block looks sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! What kind of quilt are you planning with Reunion?

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, I love the way the flame bag turned out! That's totally awesome.

    I'm happy to see more monkeys on rainbows, too. One can never have too many of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and I are totally on the same page. :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...