The quilt that almost broke me had a baby.
Kinda apropos since it's for a baby. (Har har har! I slay myself with the humor over here.)
Using almost all of the scraps from the aforementioned quilt that was determined to kill me, I pieced this puppy together quick. It'll be headed to a first time mommy.
I cut all of the large scraps into 5" squares and wound up with--get this--80 exactly. It's like I planned it, right?! The top has a mix of linen, quilting cotton, and flannel, so texturally, it's really wild, but I like it. I used the remaining scraps for the binding, and the back is a chocolate and white large scale polka dot of which I have tons. It's not the best match, but since I had big plans to package it up and get it out immediately, I used what I had on hand.
Quilting is straight lines on the diagonal through one set of corners. I always tell myself that I'm going to do the other set--I love seeing it on quilts--but then I step back and always love the one set of diagonals and panic that I won't like it as much if I try something else. And I gave machine binding another go. It turned out a little cleaner this time, but I'm still not in love. I'm going to try another similar method (still zigzag, woo!) next time. I used lime green thread on the binding, which is maybe my favorite part of the whole quilt.
I'm linking up with TGIFF at Sew at Home Mummy and Finish It Up Fridays at Crazy Mom Quilts. You know you wanna!
This was a part of my Q2 Finish-A-Long list, woo!