Wednesday, April 3, 2013

WIP: Trippin' Edition.

I might have started a Trip Around the World quilt.


I don't want to say that I drank the kool-aid. And besides, at this late in the game, having seen 4+ other cool quilt movements come, doesn't this make my TATW quilt retro?

I cut my strips at 3" to make the most of my fabric stack of FQs, and each block finishes at 15". I've finished nine blocks, which will yield a 45" square quilt. I'll be adding some sort of border to two sides to get to the 48"+ mark.

A few weeks ago, I read about Quilts Beyond Borders call for finished quilts due mid-July. I couldn't help myself, and I found myself emailing them about sending one. And once I finish this retro TATW, it'll be headed out, eventually to go to a Romanian orphanage. Woo! I told myself I had to use fabrics I had on hand, and if I can squeak another quilt out, I'd like to send two.

I know we quilters are busy peeps, but if you think you might have a bit of time to finish a quick kid's quilt--the specific request details are here, and they can be really simple quilts--please consider sending one.

Today, I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced, this week hosted by Greenleaf Goods.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Awesome quilt and for a good cause too. Can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! - retro already! After reading about your quilt I decided to check out Quilts Without Borders and contacted them for info to send one or two if they are still in need. Great cause and fun "retro" quilt idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to drink the Kool-aid LOL. But every time I see another one, I think about it :) What an awesome idea to do it for an amazing cause!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Every time I saw one, a part of me wanted some of that scrappy goodness, all for myself. In this case, I needed something fast and easy to put together that would maximize fabric usage. Voila! Retro TATW! :)

      Delete
  4. You are my hero!! This is awesome! I am going to check it out too! Thanks for the do-good post today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...