It was good to get this little one out of the way. I cut squares for it back in May with the intention of piecing it together and finishing it up by end of that month. It's only July, but it's sad it's taken me this long to finish it. I had even purchased the flannel backing, pre-washed it, and cobbled together batting for it! Easy peasy, but apparently not that high on the to-do list.
But the timing worked out because now I can contribute it to the 100 Quilts for Kids event at Swim Bike Quilt. It's my second year making a quilt for it, and just like last year, it was really awesome to be able to make something for a kid out there who might really need a good snuggle. This one will be donated to Project Linus.
The most difficult thing about this quilt was putting together the binding. I started with a stack of FQs, and cut them into 6" squares to maximize fabric usage. I was left with a 3" x 18" piece, that I then trimmed to 2.25". Add in some generic red solid, and voila! Scrappy binding! The finished quilt measures about 38" x 44", and my husband informs me that the flannel backing is super soft and snuggly. (He may have taken a nap on it.)
I've got one more quilt for 100 Quilts for Kids that needs a binding, and I'm even more excited about that one! I'm linking up with TGIFF hosted this week by Molli Sparkles and Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.
Let's cross another off my 2013 Q3 FAL list!