Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WIP: Baby Quilts Everywhere!

Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Baby Quilt edition! Since I have eight quadrillion preggo friends/family members/people-I-have-to-make-quilts-for, baby quilts have taken over my life and my sewing workspace.

 
I've finished my log cabin blocks for Lito's quilt. I think I liked them better with just the gray and white borders, but we'll see when I've pieced the entire thing together.


I've started cutting my rainbow Northern Lights quilt. So far, so good. (The cutting takes forever because I'm being extra careful to be accurate, but I know it will be worth it in the end.


I've been piecing AMH feathers, paper piecing flying geese, and putting together churn dashes for Baby Boo's quilt. My next step is to add in a strip of Elizabeth Hartman. I was really inspired by her Xylophone quilt from her book Modern Patchwork, and I'd like a little bit of that in there too.


It's going to be a crazy quilt, and as I suspected, I'm already in love with it, and it's going to be difficult to hand over.

I need to baste a quilt top destined for my older sister and attach binding to my second 100 Quilts for Kids quilt. That's five active projects! Yikes! But I'll get them done. I always do! I'm linking up with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. And now I'm off to look at everyone else's lovelies.

10 comments:

  1. such pretty progress you have! love comma in the feather. good for you finishing a second quilt for kids, I've only got one under my belt so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a lot of sewing! Love your feather and Flying Geese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous feather. The more I see them, the more I want to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should. I heart them so much! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness - love your feather block SO very much!! And thanks for including the link - now I can add it to my "someday" list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are super busy!! The feather is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your WIP's. I have got to get on with making some presents for pregnant friends too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope yours go well! I can't wait to see mine come together! :)

      Delete
  7. You can do it! I am making three baby quilts this summer. Making for a total of 5 so far in 2013. Is there something in the water folks? All of your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I feel the same way about babies right now! Everyone seems to be having one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...