Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tula Pink Blocks 1-51.


I tossed around the idea of weekly updates of my block progress in Tula Pink's City Sampler, but since I'm only making three a week, that seemed like a lot of posts of little blocks. However, today I hit the #51 mark, and it seemed a good a time as any to lay them all out and see all those pretties making friends with each other. As you can see, I've got a big stack, and it's only getting bigger!


I really don't know what to say, Friends. I've been working on these since May, and it's been a lot of work. I'm still totally excited to work on them, which is good, but 51 blocks is time consuming no matter how you slice it. (And I have 49 blocks left, eep!)

I am following the color progression in the book in hopes of getting a lovely rainbow. Some of my blocks use the fabrics Tula has utilized, and some do not. I wonder if it has to do with my mood on the day of creation? In addition to various solids, quilting cottons, shot cottons, and even a bit of linen blend, I have used ten of Tula's twelve collections. My Acacia shipped this morning--woop woop!--and I'm beginning to believe Neptune is a made up collection that doesn't really exist, so maybe I should say I've used 10 of Tula's eleven real collections? 

In other BOM/QAL news, I've cut the fabric for my final Sisters' 10 BOM blocks*, and I even have the HSTs pieced. I just need to find time to slap those bad boys together, and OMG, I will be done. I can't wait to have those blocks done, especially since I hope to have that quilt done for Mr. Audrey for Christmas.

How are your Tula/Sisters' 10 blocks progressing? 

*I may have skipped ahead, looked at the picture, and figured out how to piece it on my own. I'm really really impatient to have those blocks done!

2 comments:

  1. Audrey, these look amazing! And your over halfway!! Woohoo!! By this point I'm usually sick of it :-) It's going to look fabulous.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your blocks! The Sisters' Ten BOM is too big of a commitment for me at this point, and that's much less than the Tula blocks ;) Anyway, I'm also anxious for that last blocks. I'm working on TWO BOM quilts so I want to put them together!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...