Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WIP: Friends edition

This week has been a pretty unproductive sewing week. It's been productive on the life side of things--doctor appointments scheduled, insurance set-up, new tires and oil change for the car, work deadlines, furniture purchasing off craigs list, trying to get my oldest in some sort of social activity--all equaling lots and lots of time on the phone listening to bad hold music. You see, our summer on the west coast has turned into a summer/fall/part-of-winter on the west coast, and while that means more time in this lovely, lovely weather, it also means more time setting up house. (I'm sure we'll get finished just in time to start packing for our return trip.)

That being said, I did finish up my remaining two 20" blocks for my batiks on black quilt. Ta-da!


This is the center of my first ever paper-pieced block.


Last block, with a set of Y-seams to go along with it. I tried an ombre effect  with the orange pinwheel, and I'm a little miffed that it didn't come out nicely in the photos. (Boo!)


All six together. What do you think? Will they be friends? (They had better be because I'm not making any more 20" blocks for awhile.)

Now! Friendship stars! Pinwheels! Sashing! (Oh my!) I'm 4 of 13 for my August goals. I better get a move on it!

Linking up with WIPs at Freshly Pieced!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. lovely fabrics - I think your blocks play very nicely together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! The fabric,,,colors. all wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors...and your blocks look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are so nicely vibrant together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from WIP. The purple and orange are really great combo and your paper piecing looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...