Monday, July 9, 2012

I-Spy with my little eye...

I may have kind of seen an I-spy quilt and been filled with a great desire to make one of my very own. Maybe.

Lucky for me, Jennifer at Knotted-Thread is hosting an I-spy charm swap. Fifty-six charms of I-spy goodness, and no repeats. Meaning I do not have to find 56 different kinds of I-spy worthy fabric in my stash. (Which is a good thing because...well...I'm seriously lacking there. I have dancing monkeys! And that's about it.)

I bet you're saying to yourself, man, I wish I could be a part of it. You're in luck because the swap is a few peeps shy of being complete! If you're interested in playing along, contact Jennifer at Knotted-Thread.

My big plans for the I-spy quilt included producing a mind-blowing quilt that the boys and I could use for snuggling. (Yep, I did just make up an adverb.) But then! I read about 100 quilts for kids at Swim, Bike, Quilt! I made my brain hurt trying to think of a way I could fit in another (affordable) quilt this summer, until I remembered that I was already making an I-spy quilt--why not give it away instead? Wouldn't that be way more fulfilling?

My plan is to donate my quilt to Project Linus. I'm thinking a 7x8 grid of patchwork squares with a border. Oh-so-awesome in one beauteous rectangle. And maybe, if I enjoy making it a whole bunch, I'll make another one for my boys later. You know, after I finish my Marie quilt. And the picnic quilt. And the other kajillion small projects I want to make.

Soooo...if you're feeling it, you should join the I-spy swap. Or make a quilt for 100 quilts for kids. Or...both!

Now, to pick out my yard of fabric. Oh, the choices!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...